Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Magalhães the Explorer

Day 0: Preparation

This will be my level 1 World Explorer. Magalhães was named after the famous explorer Fernand de Magallan. Made him an orc as he won’t get stunned, and a hunter so the pet could distract enemies and allow me to run. Would have preferred doing a rogue, but since they can’t stealth until level 5 now, it would have been pointless. At least now my pet, a boar appropriately named “Bait”, can tank while I run away and leave him to die.

Will I be able to finish this? Maybe not. I suppose it all depends on how patient I really am.

First thing I did when creating my character was grab the 17 G I had sent him by mail from the nearby mailbox. Then, I ran all the way to Sen’jin Village from the Valley of Trials, then took a free wind ride to Orgrimmar, as this would prevent me from discovering any other areas and gain XP. Got my first death since I didn’t want to take the elevator in Orgrimmar and risk discovering a new area, so I fell from where the wind rider is to the ground. I haven’t even begun, and already I’ve died.

This doesn’t look promising.

Magalhães, all ready to begin exploring!

Is it a good idea to have this character keep the clothing he started with? Perhaps not, but I feel sending him heirloom items or having him wear twinked armor would be cheating. If I think it's too tough, maybe I'll send him items. For now, he'll keep his starting clothes.

This will be a very big challenge for me, I’ve only gotten World Explorer once, and even then by flying everywhere. At lest this will give me a chance to really explore the world, enjoy the scenery, and die over and over again.

Sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment