Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exploring Ashenvale

Day 2: Ashenvale

Died twice coming here from the Crossroads. Bait is useless right now, considering he'll get killed in two or three blows. The first step I took into Ashenvale, I died, one-shotted by one of the Ashenvale skirmishers which assault the gate. I thought they would be distracted with the horde guards, but apparently not. I revived and rushed, managing to explore the first area just a I was hit, falling face-down. The bowmans where a huge problem, as I had no way of running past them.



Can't outrun any of the enemies anymore, and Bait is also useless, so maybe rolling a hunter wasn't such a good idea. I don't think any other class would make much of a difference, though.

The spiders were also a huge problem, since their venom spit would almost kill me. If I ran into two of them, which was usually the case, it was only a matter of how far I got before their poison killed me.

Exploring the Howling Vale was really hard. I kept getting killed by the trees over and over again, and couldn't find exactly where I had to go to explore that area, leading to several long corpse runs.

Getting into the Bough Shadow was nearly impossible; there were Emerald-dragon-things everywhere. I ran and swam through the lake to reach Silverwind Refuge not realizing there was a simpler road and that it was a horde outpost. I died like 10 times getting there, and it took me nearly 15 minutes.

Today's moral is: stick to the roads. Trying to take "shortcuts" through the wilderness will only make me die dozens of times.

Yes! I'm still alive!
Wait...
... never mind.
Deaths: 53

No comments:

Post a Comment