Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Magalhaes's First Day

Day 1: Durotar, Northern Barrens, Mulgore

Durotar

Would have expected Durotar to be a little easier, but those level 6 scorpids took me down in a couple of hits, but still, very easy. If I’m having trouble with level 6-8 mobs, I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be once I reach the harder areas. One-shot kills, I guess. I decided to swim from Durotar to the Northern Barrens, thinking I wouldn’t run into any mobs there.

Luck wasn’t on my side, however, as an elite level 10 sand shark one-shotted me. At least I appeared on a graveyard in Ratchet, so it saved me some time.

Deaths: 5

Northern Barrens

Despite my numerous deaths in this area, this was actually fairly easy. Aside from the Kolkars and some closely packed raptors, there weren’t any difficult mobs, although exploring The Forgotten Pools did take a couple of death. The Kolkar's ranged attacks where impossible to dodge They would kill Bait then snipe me from a distance. I died three times there, and would have died a fourth if it weren’t for another player there who killed several of them, allowing a small passage for me to cross.

Fortunately, the several times I died moving from one area to another, I appeared in a graveyard right where I wanted to be, which saved me a lot of time. I also managed to climb on the mountains to the northwest and explored The Mor’shan Ramparts and The Dry Hills form there, safe from any enemies.

It's a miracle I'm not face-down in this picture.

It amazes me that most of the enemies appeared as level ??. I mean, they are level 11 at most, and they already appear as skulls?! They took me down in two or three hits, and this is one of the first areas! Looks like a hard task ahead of me. Anyways, after exploring The Wailing Caverns and getting the achievement, I ran over to The Crossroads and took a gryphon ride to Thunder Bluff.

Deaths: 8

Mulgore

My first death was plain stupid. I jumped from Thunder Bluff to the ground below, thinking I would get “Going Down?”. I failed. Miserably. Several closely-packed mobs caused several more deaths, but a player called Kwali helped me in several occasions while attempting to explore The Venture Co. Mine. That place had too many mobs packed together. Thanks!

Enemies literally rained down from the sky. I have no clue where most of them came from. They just seemed to randomly drop, and I mean, literally drop down form the sky. Had several annoying corpse runs; it seems the graveyards weren’t on my side this time. Also, sometimes when I revived, I immediately got attacked by an enemy. This mob in turn pulled another, and another, and it wasn’t rare for me to get swarmed by 3 or more enemies at a time. In this case my pet became useless, as he only aggroed 1 or 2 enemies at most, while the rest would focus on me.

Got invited into a guild, Disavowed, which allowed me to walk faster as a ghost. This will definitely come in handy. Also, I find it funny how I died more times here than in Northern Barrens.

Anyways, I seem to keep forgetting to take screenshots of when I get the achievements. Hopefully I won’t do so in the future.

Deaths: 10

Next stop, Ashenvale. I have a feeling that will be much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment