Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dungeon Finder Rant

Lately I've been running a lot of dungeons on my main - mostly heroics - trying to get enough money for my fast flying mount. This means I've been running into every kind of player, some of which have been complaining all the run about the quality of the group. Seriously, I'll tear my eyes out if I see one more "QQ". This, however, isn't a rant about the quality of the players who use the DF, but rather about the people who complain about the quality of the DF.

First off, the time it takes to get a team for a dungeon is ridiculous. It took me over an hour and a half to get a group for Magister's Terrace, and even then, there was a constant complaining from part of the tank, saying the healer sucked. The healer said that no, it was the tank who sucked. Honestly, I think we sucked as a team, but that's besides the point. I'm not going to wait almost two hours just to see two people argue about who sucks.

We wiped several times before reaching the final boss, but still, I was pretty optimistic about the group. After all, a couple wipes, while annoying, isn't all that uncommon. Just a small loss of concentration, a big pull, or getting feared into mobs; it happens.

The last boss, however, gave way too much trouble. We wiped five or six times, the fighting between the healer and tank continuing, until the tank went AFK without warning. After several minutes of waiting for him we kicked him out of the group.

My point is, if you're going to complain about the players in a PUG, don't use the DF. I'm sure your guildmates will be more than glad to make a run with you. And I know what you might think: What if I've just come home, tired, and only want to quickly do a dungeon without having to go asking around? Then just join the team and don't complain. If you're going to use the DF then you run the risk of getting into a bad group. If you get into one, then, instead of arguing about why the team sucks, either stick with it, or leave. Arguing will win you nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment