Saturday, October 15, 2011

Heirloom Items

I usually try not to swear too much... but this deserves it.

So... heirloom items. I fucking hate them. As a casual player, I haven't gotten even a single character up to 85, so obviously I can't afford any heirloom items (I can't even afford PvP armor for my main right now). Because of this, my low-level characters (my priest particularly) will get fucking raped by any class. People with heirlooms will one-shot me, most of the time even with my shield on, and have twice as much health. There's nothing I can do; I would have to get my main to 85 then go on dozens of battleground to be able to afford heirlooms, but what if I want to do a battleground on one of my alts? I like doing battlegrounds, but they're no fun when all I can do is spawn, take a couple of steps, get owned. I don't even really care about losing as long as I have fun. There's nothing fun about being fucking camped. So does that mean I have to stop playing with my alts because I can't afford gear for them? Leveling through quests bores me and I've gone through every instance so many times I refuse to do them again. Call me picky if you want, but I should have the option to do battleground whenever I feel like without having to first get a character to 85 and then buying heirlooms.

And I get it; they give a nice advantage to the ones who use them. Heck, if I could, I'd buy some of them for myself, but maybe they could put people with heirlooms in another division. It's unfair to "new" players like me (new being in quotes since I've been playing for a long time but I just made a new account). What's fucking worse, since I can't do battlegrounds at early level because they bore me too much I won't be able to afford PvP armor when I get to a higher level so I'll get owned then too. Which means I'm stuck in an endless cycle: I can't do battlegrounds because I don't have PvP gear, but I can't get PvP gear because I can't do battlegrounds. So all I have left is get owned over and over again until finally I can afford new armor, which takes the fun out of the game. It's not a challenge, it's fucking impossible.

So what can I say but fuck heirloom items? They took all the fun out of PvP for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment